• 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
• 2 tablespoons reduced-fat dairy sour cream
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• 1 cup diced, seeded tomatoes
• 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt added black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1/2 cup frozen corn
• 1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chiles
• 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, trimmed, seeded and diced
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
• 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat large oven-proof non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add oil and onion; cook 5 minutes until onions are soft. Add ground beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in sour cream and tomato paste.
- Top beef with tomatoes, beans, corn, chiles, jalapeno peppers and cilantro. Sprinkle mixture with cumin and chile powder; top with cheese. Bake in 350F° oven 20 minutes or until cheese has melted and starting to brown. Remove skillet from oven. Garnish with squeeze of lime, as desired. Serve with chips or tortillas, as desired.
About Ground Chuck
Economical, versatile and flavorful. Holds its shape well for cooking and is ideal for burgers, meatloaf and meatballs.
More About Cuts