• 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
• 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 can (15 ounces) no salt added or regular tomato sauce
• 1 can (14.5 ounces) Italian-Style diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
• Thinly sliced fresh basil and grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat stockpot over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef, onion and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste and crushed red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes to develop flavors, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in basil, if desired.
- Meanwhile, place squash in 8 x 8-inch microwave-safe baking dish, overlapping halves slightly. Microwave on HIGH 10 to 12 minutes or until squash is tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Scrape squash with fork to separate strands.
- Serve sauce over squash. Serve with Toppings, if desired.
About Ground Chuck
Economical, versatile and flavorful. Holds its shape well for cooking and is ideal for burgers, meatloaf and meatballs.
More About Cuts