1 pound ground Certified Hereford Beef
2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 cup chopped fresh vegetables such as tomato, baby spinach, bell pepper, zucchini or green onion
1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese such as Cheddar, Monterey Jack or American
8 large eggs
Salt and pepper (optional)
- Combine Ground Beef and seasonings in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- To prepare crumbles, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Evenly divide beef and vegetables into eight food-safe quart-size plastic bags. Close securely and refrigerate up to 4 days.
- For each serving, spray one 6 to 12-ounce microwave-safe mug or bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Add 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water; whisk with fork. Stir in 1 bag refrigerated sausage-vegetable mixture.
- Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30 seconds. Remove from oven; stir. Continue to microwave on HIGH 30 to 60 seconds or until egg is just set. Stir. Top with cheese. Let stand 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with Toppings, if desired.
About Ground Round
Versatile, lean and economical. Ideal for recipes calling for browned, crumbled ground beef, such as chili, tacos and spaghetti sauce.
More About Cuts