• 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
• 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 can (15 ounces) no salt added or regular tomato sauce
• 1 can (14.5 ounces) Italian-Style diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• Thinly sliced fresh basil (optional)
- Heat stockpot over medium heat until hot. Add ground Certified Hereford Beef, onion and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste and crushed red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes to develop flavors, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; season with salt and stir in basil, if desired.
- Serve over pasta and sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
About Ground Round
Versatile, lean and economical. Ideal for recipes calling for browned, crumbled ground beef, such as chili, tacos and spaghetti sauce.
More About Cuts