• 1 pound ground Certified Hereford Beef(80% to 85% lean)
• 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
• 1/4 cup chili sauce
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1 refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 15-ounce package)
• Toppings: Prepared salsa, salsa con queso, chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in raisins, chili sauce, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Unfold pie crust; place on baking sheet. Spoon beef mixture evenly over 1/2 of dough, leaving 1-1/2-inch border around edge. Moisten edge of dough with water; fold pastry over filling. Press edges of dough together with fork to seal. Prick center of dough with fork once or twice to form steam vents.
- Bake in 400°F oven 16 to 18 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve with toppings, if desired.
About Ground Round
Versatile, lean and economical. Ideal for recipes calling for browned, crumbled ground beef, such as chili, tacos and spaghetti sauce.
More About Cuts